Our Client is a hugely impressive multi-disciplinary consultancy and part of a growing new age of businesses that are proud to be majority employee-owned. An award-winning Architecture and Engineering practice from deep routes that have seen the company trade successfully for 140 years, this modern thinking innovative practice offers a flexible working environment for over 100 staff and rewards excellence at every opportunity.
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000K (depending on the experience)
Hybrid working arrangements
Excellent company benefits
Employment type: Permanent
Career development: All staff are fully supported to develop new skills across different sectors to facilitate constant learning and self-development.
Purpose of the Role:
The MEP Team has enormous potential and has seen demand for their time and expertise grow year on year. A team of 8 currently sits in the Manchester office, with 2 key appointments to be prioritised in the coming weeks to keep up with that demand.
This role is seen as integral to the development of not just the Manchester office, but the wider delivery ability of the MEP Team. As “Lead Engineers” and importantly managers of projects, the appointed candidates will be entrusted with delivery and expected to demonstrate both leadership and technical excellence. The lean management structure will certainly attract those who enjoy responsibility and project ownership, a common frustration in a more heavily tiered management structure. Working for this company you will be encouraged to be creative and help advance current systems and practices, evaluating what works and how processes could be improved and finetuned. This company wants to learn, evolve, and demands high standards, hoping to attract like-minded professionals to join and raise the bar further.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years UK building services experience
- Sound technical knowledge in Electrical Engineering Design and knowledge of current standards and legislations.
- Proficiency in electrical calculation software packages (Amtech, Dialux, Relux), AutoCAD. Experience working in the BIM environment (REVIT)
- Hold responsibility for requirements gathering, designing electrical systems, load calculations, equipment selection, project management and coordination
- Good all-around project/management leadership skills and problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent Team working and communication skills.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now. All applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK.