For the last 25 years our client has been building their business to comfortably sit alongside the elite consulting engineering business involved in the British construction industry. Employing circa 700 staff across a talented and diverse team of multidisciplinary capabilities, this forward thinking and still privately owned practice boats 20 offices across the length and breadth of the UK.
This agile and intelligent business has positioned itself at the forefront of the built and natural environment, collaborating with an enviable variety of customers to provide the very best advice and consultative services for complex projects within both the public and private sector.
The M&E Team in Leeds is looking to expand beyond the 20+ staff currently operating out of the Yorkshire region. They specialise in the delivery of building services, energy and sustainability services and deliver mechanical and electrical engineering design solutions from initial feasibility stages through detailed design and on to construction, handover and post-occupancy.
They offer a refreshing approach to M&E, getting involved early and working collaboratively with the design team, whilst highlighting options, guiding design development and using their expertise to help with critical decisions. This approach has cemented numerous relationships and seen repeat business as a reward, with the simplicity often key, backed up with the ability to deliver bespoke highly technical solutions when required.
Working across all sectors, including commercial, industrial, leisure, retail, manufacturing, logistics, heritage, and residential for end-user clients, investors, developers, architects, project managers or engineer-led project teams. This diversity of workstreams, and the fact that all of team members work across every sector, means they offer the very best career development for their Engineering Team.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Electrical Engineer or an established Electrical Engineer to join the established mechanical and electrical engineering team in Leeds, as part of a successful national Building Performance Engineering (BPE) Division.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day technical delivery of the electrical design services for multidiscipline projects across a number of sectors. You will also be responsible for maintaining and developing external relationships to ensure that projects are delivered to the clients, and the wider team’s satisfaction. It will also include giving presentations and persuading clients to take a responsible approach to sustainability and energy performance.
You will be responsible for the correct and efficient delivery of projects from concept to completion. This will include ensuring all projects are delivered to a ‘right fist time approach’ ensuring quality management procedures are in place and are adhered too. Your role will include process and best practice development to ensure the company reputation is reinforced through excellent and appropriate work delivery. As the team develops you will become responsible for Junior members of the BPE team. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a growing Leeds team and support other offices through the nationwide BPE team. Technical mentorship and inspiration will come from being part of a company wide network of BPE engineers.
- Project delivery, including overseeing input from others.
- Supporting the timely invoicing and debt chasing, management of WIP and forward workload/resource planning for own projects.
- Attendance at design team, client and site meetings as required.
- Responsible for the design quality and profitable delivery of own projects.
- Demonstrate commercial thinking and client management expertise.
- Timely reporting of project/office financial information to contribute to meeting budget at team level.
- Project set-up and briefing.
- Co-ordinating and working with others in the BPE division to maintain design quality and consistency across teams.
- Working with other divisions to integrate design and also input to deliver a multi-discipline offering.
- Support the company ethos including wellbeing, day-off for good causes and 100 Best Companies To Work For.
- Familiar with the strategic plan.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Relevant qualification(s) at HNC, HND, Bachelors or Masters.
- Proven Senior Electrical Engineer or Electrical Engineer who can lead projects, with a strong track record in the UK on a range of mainstream building services projects.
- Demonstrable experience working with architects in a design centered role.
- An articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of BIM processes, Revit and Amtech.
- Ambitious and dynamic, you enjoy change and variety.
- Positive outlook and self-motivated.
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer, an Incorporated Engineer, or working towards full membership with a relevant institution.