Latest Job Vacancies
For over 20 years our client has been designing intelligent building services solutions for organisations across both the public and private sector. They have successfully built a philosophy of clear honest communication, empowering engineers of all levels to have a voice and deal directly with the customer, building rapport and confidence from an early stage.
Our Client is a highly respected Yorkshire based Mechanical and Electrical Design & Build Contractor, offering full design, installation and maintenance services for fully coordinated building services projects.
Our client is one of the largest independently owned M&E Consulting Engineers in the UK, employing approximately 250 staff across 8 regional offices.
Our Client are a dedicated team of Mechanical & Electrical contracting engineers to the industrial, commercial, retail and leisure industries.
Our Client is a decorated international group of multidisciplinary consulting engineers and advisers, operating globally and employing close to 2000 people. For over 40 years they have built a world-class reputation for delivering creative, value-led solutions across both the natural and built environment
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who wants to leave their mark on some of the most exciting projects in the UK and further afield. Current commissions include a premier league football stadium, a higher education campus in Kuwait and a historic cinema refurbishment in Bradford.
This role would suit an Intermediate level Technician looking for their next step, or an existing Senior Technician with strong leadership experience. The role will involve a significant level of responsibility for BIM delivery across the Northern based MEP Teams, taking responsibility for resourcing, QA, technical queries amongst other duties.
This is an opportunity to join a talented CIBSE award winning team renowned for pushing technical boundaries in order to accelerate the transition to a sustainable built environment.
- Your responsibilities will be extremely varied, but can typically be expected to comprise of: -
- Producing detailed, coordinated service models to a high level of detail
- Taking responsibility for BIM resourcing across the team's project portfolio
- Working closely with the Regional BIM Lead to deliver high quality BIM projects to agreed deadlines
- Providing guidance and advice to design Engineers on the planning and management of advanced Revit techniques
- Quality control of BIM models and associated drawings, schedules etc
- Reviewing project BIM BEP’s and EIR’s and ensuring requirements implemented in design process
- Liaising with members of the design team to assist with resolving coordination issues
- Assisting in the development of the BIM capability and the appropriate use of emerging modelling technology (e.g. Dynamo) of the building services team.
- Assisting in the development of systems and procedures to ensure that the BIM system is used effectively
- Developing sketches and concepts into drawing details with a good understanding of the engineering practices behind them
Experience required: -
- Proven capability with Autodesk Revit MEP software
- Experience leading projects
- A proactive approach to your own learning and technical development - we are looking for someone that wants to progress into a BIM leadership role
- A keen interesting in the implementation of digital design tools and scripting to improve efficiency and workflows
- Experience and awareness of Navisworks and/or Dynamo would be highly advantageous.
- Ideally HNC, HND, or BEng in a relevant discipline