Latest Job Vacancies
Our Client is a high quality West Yorkshire based M&E Design Consultancy who offer a wealth of experience to the construction industry. For over 25 years they have specialised in low carbon and sustainable mechanical and electrical design and infrastructure
Our Client is a market leading global energy efficiency business, dedicated to helping the public and private sector improve sustainability, reduce energy costs and minimise operational expenditure on buildings
Our client is an established Building Services Engineering and Environmental Consultancy based in Leeds, who have been trading for close to 20 years. With have an enviable client base which includes a portfolio of customers who provide a high proportion of end user led work, to the tune of around 80%, with a further 20% for traditional contractors
Our Client is one of the fastest growing, dynamic engineering brands in the UK today. Independently owned and employing over 700 staff, this British multi-disciplinary consultancy boasts a number of strategically based regional offices that provide innovative cost effective solutions
Our Client is part of one of the UK's leading financial services groups, committed to creating sustainable homes and communities. Led by a diverse team combining skills and experience gained in sectors including construction, housing and engineering, the company’s goal is to tackle head on the UK's property crisis by building modular homes to serve both the public and private sector.
Many believe modular housebuilding to be the sort of inventive, forward-thinking solution that's needed for the UK to fix its property crisis, delivering a housing market that caters equally to all members of society. Working closely with the company's other housing arms, such as the Build to Rent and Affordable Homes teams, the company has a strong background in the property sector, investing in urban regeneration, financing affordable housing and now building modular homes.
The MEP Team is looking for a talented BIM professional to join the team.
- To support the MEP team with the technical authoring of design models and drawings.
- To support the Technical Authoring team with the production and management of design models, drawings and data.
- Responsible for producing design intent and working drawings with guidance from the MEP designers.
- Responsible for producing fabrication and production drawings with guidance from the MEP designers.
- Work within company procedures and systems to ensure drawings and part data re created to agreed standards and are under design control at all lifecycle stages.
- To assist with best practice BIM implementation and lead process improvements to reduce work content and delivery time whilst improving “right first time” delivery.
- Assist and develop all drawing and modelling standards to ensure consistency of information.
- To work with product development, architecture, structural engineering, sustainability and MEP engineering as part of a cohesive design function.
- To work with programme managers in delivering projects on time.
- To establish a close working relationship with manufacturing to provide appropriate designs, data formats and manufacturing information that maximise efficiency, safety and productivity.
- Demonstrate strict adherence and compliance with Modular Homes’ defined Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policies and procedures, ensuring that HSE is at the heart of the business culture and that your actions and behaviours in fulfilling your role lead to zero harm and a safe working environment for colleagues and visitors.
Knowledge / Experience
- Experience in Building Services’ or Mechanical engineering either in a Consulting, Contracting or Manufacturing role.
- Experience of preparing design, part, and production drawings.
- Experience working closely with a wider design team.
- Understanding of BIM strategy and application.
- Experience of using Autodesk Revit, Inventor or similar.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise tasks and activities and communicate this to the wider team.
- Ability to work in a collaborative way.
- Excellent communication skills including written and spoken English.
- Written communication: prepare written project documents such as work stage reports, design and access statements, or internal project reports.
- Strong and proven record of developing high quality design solutions within a range of technical constraints.
- Ability to sketch and communicate visually.
- 3D Modelling and Visualisation.
- A strong understanding of manufacturing and comfortable working to a high level of detail.
Applications are invited from appropriately skilled and experienced BIM professionals interested in a fast paced, energetic environment with great career prospects.