Latest Job Vacancies
Our Client is a Building and Energy Design Consultancy, carrying out sustainable building and energy assessments, that deliver Low Energy and passive buildings through iterative design and specification process. My client is looking for a Senior Energy Consultant to join their team
Our Client is a Building and Energy Design consultancy, that deliver low-energy and passive buildings through iterative design and specification process, are looking for an IES-VE Modeller to join their team with a passion for sustainable development and a desire to learn.
For over 30 years our client has been providing high quality mechanical, electrical and sustainable design, supported by cost effective and innovative packages for the UK construction industry.
Our Client is a global supplier of complete pre-insulated pipe systems, focused on manufacturing world class energy efficient products for their customers.
Celebrating over 50 proud years in the construction industry servicing customers across the UK, our Client is an award-winning team of architects, building consultants, heritage specialists and interior designers. The team consists of 70+ skilled professionals, spread across 3 offices, successfully delivering high-quality and effective property consultancy services on over 10,000 projects across the commercial, education, energy, healthcare, hotel, leisure, industrial, residential, and retail sectors.
With the continued global focus on sustainable building design, the NetZero agenda and the wider impact the construction industry has on both the natural and built environment, a fantastic opportunity has been created for a talented Building Physics Engineer to join the business. This exciting development will offer the appointed candidate a blank slate from which to build a bespoke sustainability division, focused upon adding value and increasing the company’s service offering.
- To deliver building physics work to an exemplar quality of service
- To work with other colleagues to prepare fees and set budgets for the work to be undertaken
- To produce building physics work that is technically correct, on time and within budget
- To monitor and report on programme, progress, and change on building physics tasks
- To maintain knowledge and understanding of technical developments and changes to regulations and codes of practice.
- Support the office beacons
- Support operational sustainability objectives by advising on carbon footprint, potential energy reductions etc.
- Day-to-day support of delivery teams through advice and CPD sessions
- Employed to offer insight and broader market knowledge and areas of potential future development beyond the scope of current, proposed business activities.
- Desire to become leading authority in subject area if not already. Support business development and company profile by creating content/teaching/speaking etc. on public platforms.
- Desire and drive to grow the sector to eventually bring in and manage additional specialist personnel as needed.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Strong understanding of Building Services Engineering
- Driving IES VE or EDSL TAS software
- 3D modelling & BIM interoperability
- Solar shading
- Steady state heating and cooling design loads
- Dynamic thermal comfort / overheating analysis
- UK Building Regulations (Part L and Part F)
- Airflow and natural ventilation analysis
- Climate and future weather analysis
- The Well Building Standard
Working as a genuine discipline lead and an ambassador for sustainable building design, you will drive excellence, educate colleagues on the latest design saving principles and industry updates, whilst promoting energy performance at every opportunity.
Applications are invited from experienced, client facing Building Physics Engineers, who can demonstrate leadership and a flexible can-do approach, with the ability to inspire confidence in others.
This opportunity may appeal to those of an entrepreneurial nature who have considered setting up their own business, or possibly an Engineer lacking growth opportunity in their current role and looking to spread their wings.
In addition to a competitive salary and car allowance, there will also be a bonus related to profitability of this new division.