Latest Job Vacancies
Our Client is a Building and Energy Design Consultancy, carrying out sustainable building and energy assessments, that deliver Low Energy and passive buildings through iterative design and specification process. My client is looking for a Senior Energy Consultant to join their team
Our Client is a Building and Energy Design consultancy, that deliver low-energy and passive buildings through iterative design and specification process, are looking for an IES-VE Modeller to join their team with a passion for sustainable development and a desire to learn.
For over 30 years our client has been providing high quality mechanical, electrical and sustainable design, supported by cost effective and innovative packages for the UK construction industry.
Our Client is a global supplier of complete pre-insulated pipe systems, focused on manufacturing world class energy efficient products for their customers.
Over the last 30 years our Client has witnessed and helped facilitate the evolution of coal to gas, and gas CHP to heat pumps, along with embracing other emerging renewable energy sources. Today this intelligent business is recognised as one of the leading consultants for future-proofed energy schemes across cities in the UK, implementing the latest technologies for their customers whilst adopting an agile, flexible and resilient approach.
Due to the company’s continuing growth, they require a number for Electrical Design Engineers to join the team, with opportunities available for those operating at Junior/Graduate, Intermediate and Senior Electrical Design Engineers, to further strengthen what is already an award winning team.
About the roles
These roles involve a broad range of detailed design including Energy centre design, large and small scale Solar installations, Battery Energy Storage Systems and Building Services design. This will include taking concept designs and producing a fully detailed design for the projects team to install. This will at times include initial project conceptual work, site investigations and surveys, client meetings and input into project submissions and presentations.
Working within a team of different grades of Electrical Engineers you will be responsible for significant elements of the Electrical design, including energy centre layout, HV Design (33kV/11kV) transformer specification, switchboard specification, cable sizing, lighting designs, fire alarm design, Gas detection, small power distribution and interconnection drawings.
Other key duties involve the writing of specifications for the procurement of systems and equipment. Familiarity with BS7671 is essential. Knowledge of generation, solar installations, heat pump technology and would be advantageous.
Along with project accountability, dependent of grade, you will be responsible for electrical engineers of varying levels including Trainee, Graduate, Intermediate & Senior Engineers. This will include allocation of work, reviewing and checking of documentation along with ensuring all projects responsibilities are delivered on time and to programme.
- Contribute or lead the design of all aspects of a projects HV and LV electrical requirements.
- Calculations and specification of HV equipment, transformers, LV switchboards and cabling, including the use of AutoCAD, Amtech and Dialux
- Provide support on larger projects
- Appraisal and interpretation of the client’s requirements
- Have an awareness of cost implications within design
- Effectively deal with design issues and minimise their impact
- Ability to design systems in the form of calculations, equipment selection and process operation
- Liaising with internal and external designers, customers and in-house project teams
- Awareness and appreciation of other disciplines including mechanical, structural and architectural
- Compliance with CDM requirements and our in in-house design processes
- Contribute to or conduct HAZOP Studies, Risk Assessments, DSEAR assessments, DESOPs, etc
- Awareness of good understanding of current British Standards, Building Regulations, industry guidance such as CIBSE, BSRIA, etc, and all pertinent legislation
- Ability to design systems in the form of schematics, calculations, equipment selection, detailed drawings
- Ensuring compliance with legislation, engineering best practices in line with company procedures.
- Assistance in specifying the electrical aspects for tendering works
- Work closely with the client to further develop relationships and promote the company
- Undertake site inspection reports and providing technical support during construction
Knowledge and experience
- A sound understanding of the electrical regulations including BS7671
- Have experience of Amtech, Dialux / Relux and be competent in AutoCAD (2D)
- Have experience in either contributing to or leading and mentoring design risk reviews
- Sound understanding of design principles including HV design, LV design, earthing, cable protection devices, cable selection
- Good understanding of current Building Regulations
- An interest and some knowledge in all form of generation including CHP, solar, BESS (Battery Energy Storage Systems) and other renewable technologies
- Experience/ competence of being an effective communicator, confident and focused, with the ability to manage their own time and duties in a professional and effective way
- Able to demonstrate excellent technical ability and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Innovation and creativity when developing engineering solutions whilst ensuring efficiency, profitability and high quality
- A good understanding of the RIBA Plan of Work and relevant design standards and stages
- Have good knowledge of forms of contract used within the construction industry