Latest Job Vacancies
Our Client delivers innovative projects, creating positive changes to people’s communities, homes, work and learning environments.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis.
Our Client is one of the fastest growing independent Building Services Partnership in the UK.
Our client has been providing high quality M&E design and build solutions for over 25 years, enhancing their reputation both locally and nationally to deliver the needs of high profile customers across the retail and commercial sectors. With a proven history of meeting budgets and exacting standards, they specialise in building relationships through exceptional customer service.
Our Client is a Building and Energy Design consultancy, carrying out sustainable building and energy assessments, that deliver low-energy and passive buildings through iterative design and specification process. My client is looking for an IES-VE Modeller to join their team with a passion for sustainable development and a desire to learn. You will have good knowledge of sustainable building design and energy policy/legislation to develop the company's growth plans.
Location: Manchester Area
Salary: £38,000 to £45,000 (depending on the experience)
Employment type: Permanent
Career development: All staff are fully supported to develop new skills across different sectors to facilitate constant learning and self-development.
As an IES-VE Modeller, the responsibilities and duties will include although not be limited to:
- Creation and management of IES VE SBEM models and IES VE building models
- Oversee all Thermal modelling work.
- Liaising with clients to provide energy-efficient recommendations.
- Part L compliance, overheating assessment (CIBSE TM52/59),
- Working alongside the technical team to provide advice & guidance.
- Undertake surveys, calculations & reports to support public and private sector clients to meet legislative and environmental / net zero commitments and targets.
- Manage project schedules and budgets to meet project requirements.
- Drive product roadmap and initiatives and participate in technical design.
- Ability to produce technical reports that discuss the analysis processes undertaken, inputs/ outputs, conclusions, impact on other disciplines (primarily Building Services & Architecture), etc.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Fully competent in IES VE Software
- Have hands-on experience modelling and analysing data using IES VE
- Well-rounded understanding of the principles of building physics, from concept design input, options comparisons, and thermal modelling.
- A degree in engineering or the sciences (BEng or BSc)
- Accreditation as Low Carbon Consultant (design and DSM) and Energy Assessor (level 5) would be favourable.
- Understanding of reading architectural drawings
- Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience working within a contractor design environment is essential.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now. All applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK.