Latest Job Vacancies
Our Client is a high quality West Yorkshire based M&E Design Consultancy who offer a wealth of experience to the construction industry. For over 25 years they have specialised in low carbon and sustainable mechanical and electrical design and infrastructure
Our Client is a market leading global energy efficiency business, dedicated to helping the public and private sector improve sustainability, reduce energy costs and minimise operational expenditure on buildings
Our client is an established Building Services Engineering and Environmental Consultancy based in Leeds, who have been trading for close to 20 years. With have an enviable client base which includes a portfolio of customers who provide a high proportion of end user led work, to the tune of around 80%, with a further 20% for traditional contractors
Our Client is one of the fastest growing, dynamic engineering brands in the UK today. Independently owned and employing over 700 staff, this British multi-disciplinary consultancy boasts a number of strategically based regional offices that provide innovative cost effective solutions
Development Engineering Designer (M&E)
£55,000 - 70,000
Design / Energy
23 Nov 2021
Our Client is part of market leading global energy efficiency business, dedicated to helping the public and private sector improve sustainability, reduce energy costs and minimise operational expenditure on buildings.
The Engineering Development and Design Team are responsibilities for providing engineering solutions that offer a mix of problem resolution, energy profile reduction and a low carbon functionality to help future proof operations and costs. This is a challenging environment at a time of major industrial de-carbonisation and engineering change, that challenge traditional conventions in thinking and approach. The business is looking to attract high quality engineering staff across all disciplines who feel that they would enjoy this challenge and would be able to develop and grow within a team of similar minded people.
Role: Development Engineering Designer
Location: Home Based
- Identify feasibility criteria for projects and work with sales team to ensure that they are met by opportunities presented to the customer.
- Identify realistic and creative concept ideas when presented with initial customer information and present them in a way that is enticing for people with or without technical background.
- Ensure customer’s technical requirements, challenges and profiles are met with the proposals with acceptable levels of client change and risk.
- Draft programme from sales handover to final proposal / contract signature (in agreement with Design and Project Management).
- Continuously keep knowledge on technological developments up to date and liaise with new/innovative stakeholders in the industry.
- Ensure only potential projects that are technically and commercially promising are pursued further.
- Develop sensible (commercially, technically and from a sales-perspective) LOI proposals to the customer together with Sales as required.
- Lead the design phase to further develop/evaluate concept ideas.
- Manage external design consultants to develop detailed designs.
- Initiate/ prepare tender process (if required).
- Suggest appropriate suppliers and liaise with Project Management about their selection, involve procurement/HSSE for their onboarding as required.
- Write specifications (in conjunction with external engineering support as required) using the technical documents provided by Designers.
- Evaluate Tenders.
- Technical support in client and supplier contract negotiations.
- Good overview of sustainable engineering concepts and working within an existing buildings portfolio to deliver change and betterment around utilities profiles and carbon footprints.
- A client-side communications ability that allows for complex solutions to be translated to customers in a mix of technical / non-technical and commercial ways to suit the client.
- Ability to think fast and quickly come up with viable ideas capable of high conversion ratios.
- Strong understanding of the commercial impact of activities.
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce it in a clear and logical format.
- Good oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with colleagues, contractors, customers and senior managers.
- Willingness to continuously improve and to learn from mistakes.
- Understanding of C(DM) responsibilities.
- Knowledge of various forms of contract that could be applicable to the variety of offered projects preferable.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial on-site generation technologies such as gas engines, steam boilers, absorption chillers, heat pumps, PV etc. preferable.
- Engineering qualification at or working towards a Chartered level with a Degree level academic background.
Here’s what you’ll get in return:
- A Competitive salary
- Business Needs Car/Car Allowance
- Flexible working hours if you need it
- You’ll get to work from home
- 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- The renown of working for a world-leading energy supplier
- The chance for real career progression
- A generous pension scheme
- The chance to choose from a variety of flexible benefits to suit you
Here’s what else you need to know:
- We actively encourage applicants from all diversities, including female applicants, those with neuro-diverse thought and those from BAME and LGBTQ+ communities. We also actively support flexible working.
- Due to the nature of this role a Criminal Record Check will be required.
- This is a permanent role.
- This role will be Home Based
« Return to job vacancies list