Our Client is an award winning, global multi-disciplinary consultancy, with a network of office across the UK.
Described by their customers as passionate and innovative, the business has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and solutions for today’s world.
Having worked on every continent, their clientele includes more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and have proudly collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. With circa 2000 staff and an ambitious business plan in place to double staffing numbers over the coming years, there has never been a better time to consider joining the family.
The Manchester Building Services Team is looking to make 3 appointments over the coming months, with the employment of a talented, technically competent Mechanical Design Engineer seen as a key hire. This role is best suited to a candidate from a buildings M&E background, looking for an opportunity to pursue industry leading designs within a vibrant multi-disciplinary practice.
Projects currently include mixed-use residential, commercial office space, football stadia, R&D and transport, all coming together to offer a highly challenging, rewarding and diverse portfolio of work to get stuck into.
The company proudly support hybrid working with all employees expected to travel to the Manchester office 2-3 days a week.
The role of a Mechanical Engineer can be very varied, duties will include but are not limited to:
- Undertake detailed mechanical engineering building services design and calculations, using Revit and IES software to support your knowledge of exemplar building design and performance, as well as an appreciation of a designs embodied carbon.
- Embrace technologies to improve performance and sustainability to meet to net zero targets by 2030.
- Ensure project are carried out to an excellent standard, within agreed deadlines and budget.
- Represent the company at meetings with clients, other professionals, and suppliers.
- Produce and review reports, presentations, models, and drawings to an excellent standard, high level of accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Prepare technical specifications and schedules, design development reports and innovative design solutions.
- Plan and manage input to Revit for production of design work.
- Actively engage with colleagues across disciplines, in group discussions and at events and seminars
As an experienced Mechanical Engineer, you would be expected to demonstrate:
- Relevant building services experience or credentials that will help meet the goals for delivering highly sustainable buildings.
- Broad design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects and using British, US and European codes of practice.
- Experience using common analysis software including Revit and IES and willing to quickly learn to use new analysis packages as required.
- Digital engineering skills (e.g. coding) would be advantageous.
- Working towards, or Chartered Member of CIBSE or equivalent body.
- A Bachelor's degree BEng/BSc or Master's degree MEng/MSc in a relevant discipline