Latest Job Vacancies
Our Client is a high quality West Yorkshire based M&E Design Consultancy who offer a wealth of experience to the construction industry. For over 25 years they have specialised in low carbon and sustainable mechanical and electrical design and infrastructure
Our Client is a market leading global energy efficiency business, dedicated to helping the public and private sector improve sustainability, reduce energy costs and minimise operational expenditure on buildings
Our client is an established Building Services Engineering and Environmental Consultancy based in Leeds, who have been trading for close to 20 years. With have an enviable client base which includes a portfolio of customers who provide a high proportion of end user led work, to the tune of around 80%, with a further 20% for traditional contractors
Our Client is one of the fastest growing, dynamic engineering brands in the UK today. Independently owned and employing over 700 staff, this British multi-disciplinary consultancy boasts a number of strategically based regional offices that provide innovative cost effective solutions
For over 25 years our client has been delivering award winning consulting services and strategies to the UK construction industry, providing genuine full multi-disciplinary support on some of the highest profile projects of recent times. The business continues to grow at an impressive rate, both organically and through acquisition, currently employing over 600 staff across a network of regional offices.
Opportunity for a Principal Electrical Engineer or an Associate to join an established team in central Manchester, as part of a successful national Building Performance Engineering (BPE) Division.
The team specialises in the delivery of building services, energy and sustainability services, delivering M&E engineering design solutions from initial feasibility stages through detailed design and on to construction, handover and post occupancy.
The business is proud to offer a fresh approach to M&E, getting involved early, working collaboratively with the design team, highlighting options, guiding design development and using inhouse expertise to help clients make key decisions - an approach that always results in a building that delivers. All solutions are tailored to the client - with simplicity of design often key, but with the ability to deliver bespoke highly technical solutions if required.
Working across all sectors, including commercial, industrial, leisure, retail, manufacturing, logistics, heritage, and residential for end user clients, investors, developers, architects, project managers or engineer-led project teams. This diversity of work streams, and the fact that all of team members work across every sector, facilitates a constant cross-pollinating of ideas.
As one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of well-being (recent winner of the Health and Wellbeing Leader of the Year award at the NCE100), they believe success is looking after their people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment
- Project delivery, including overseeing input from others.
- Supporting the timely invoicing and debt chasing, management of WIP and forward workload/resource planning for own projects.
- Attendance at design team, client and site meetings as required.
- Responsible for the design quality and profitable delivery of own projects.
- Demonstrate commercial thinking and client management expertise.
- Contribute to the work pipeline by securing repeat work from existing clients or demonstrate an ability to seek out new opportunities.
- Timely reporting of project/office financial information to contribute to meeting budget at team level.
- Project set-up, briefing and take ownership of IMS implementation including proactive change control and lessons learnt for project list. Also includes interface and management of input from other divisions.
- Checking output of more junior engineers and coaching them to facilitate their technical progress.
- Working with other divisions to maximise efficiencies including cross-selling, shared initiatives, client management and lessons learnt.
- Co-ordinating and working with others in the BPE division to maintain design quality and consistency across teams.
- Working with other divisions to integrate design and also input to deliver a multi-discipline offering.
- Commercially responsible for projects under their management and support team to meet financial KPIs.
- Client management expertise and ability to secure work from existing clients or ability to seek out new opportunities.
- Support the ethos including wellbeing, day-off for good causes and 100 Best Companies To Work For.
- Familiar with the strategic plan.
What You Need To Succeed In This Role
- Relevant qualification(s) at HNC, HND, Bachelors or Masters.
- Proven Principal Electrical Engineer or Associate, with a strong track record in the UK on a range of mainstream building services projects.
- Experienced team manager, including recruitment, wellbeing, performance management and development (Associate only).
- Ability to win work and undertake business operations including marketing, commercial and financial responsibilities (Associate only).
- An articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of BIM processes, Revit and IES/Amtech.
- Ambitious and dynamic, you enjoy change and variety.
- Positive outlook and self-motivated.
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer, an Incorporated Engineer, or working towards full membership with a relevant institution.
Desirable (non-essential) Experience
- Leading/working on or delivering projects with a sustainability focus i.e. Zero carbon, LETI, Passivhaus, etc.
- Medium to large scale Masterplanning projects including energy and infrastructure options and concepts as well as coordination and delivery.
- Critical systems i.e. data centres. Working knowledge of the building services systems and the ability to lead a project team for the facility.