Latest Job Vacancies
For over 20 years our client has been designing intelligent building services solutions for organisations across both the public and private sector. They have successfully built a philosophy of clear honest communication, empowering engineers of all levels to have a voice and deal directly with the customer, building rapport and confidence from an early stage.
Our Client is a highly respected Yorkshire based Mechanical and Electrical Design & Build Contractor, offering full design, installation and maintenance services for fully coordinated building services projects.
Our client is one of the largest independently owned M&E Consulting Engineers in the UK, employing approximately 250 staff across 8 regional offices.
Our Client are a dedicated team of Mechanical & Electrical contracting engineers to the industrial, commercial, retail and leisure industries.
For over 25 years our client has been delivering award winning consulting services and strategies to the UK construction industry, providing genuine full multi-disciplinary support on some of the highest profile projects of recent times. The business continues to grow at an impressive rate, both organically and through acquisition, currently employing over 600 staff across a network of regional offices.
Opportunity for a Principal Electrical Engineer or an Associate to join an established team in central Manchester, as part of a successful national Building Performance Engineering (BPE) Division.
The team specialises in the delivery of building services, energy and sustainability services, delivering M&E engineering design solutions from initial feasibility stages through detailed design and on to construction, handover and post occupancy.
The business is proud to offer a fresh approach to M&E, getting involved early, working collaboratively with the design team, highlighting options, guiding design development and using inhouse expertise to help clients make key decisions - an approach that always results in a building that delivers. All solutions are tailored to the client - with simplicity of design often key, but with the ability to deliver bespoke highly technical solutions if required.
Working across all sectors, including commercial, industrial, leisure, retail, manufacturing, logistics, heritage, and residential for end user clients, investors, developers, architects, project managers or engineer-led project teams. This diversity of work streams, and the fact that all of team members work across every sector, facilitates a constant cross-pollinating of ideas.
As one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of well-being (recent winner of the Health and Wellbeing Leader of the Year award at the NCE100), they believe success is looking after their people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment
- Project delivery, including overseeing input from others.
- Supporting the timely invoicing and debt chasing, management of WIP and forward workload/resource planning for own projects.
- Attendance at design team, client and site meetings as required.
- Responsible for the design quality and profitable delivery of own projects.
- Demonstrate commercial thinking and client management expertise.
- Contribute to the work pipeline by securing repeat work from existing clients or demonstrate an ability to seek out new opportunities.
- Timely reporting of project/office financial information to contribute to meeting budget at team level.
- Project set-up, briefing and take ownership of IMS implementation including proactive change control and lessons learnt for project list. Also includes interface and management of input from other divisions.
- Checking output of more junior engineers and coaching them to facilitate their technical progress.
- Working with other divisions to maximise efficiencies including cross-selling, shared initiatives, client management and lessons learnt.
- Co-ordinating and working with others in the BPE division to maintain design quality and consistency across teams.
- Working with other divisions to integrate design and also input to deliver a multi-discipline offering.
- Commercially responsible for projects under their management and support team to meet financial KPIs.
- Client management expertise and ability to secure work from existing clients or ability to seek out new opportunities.
- Support the ethos including wellbeing, day-off for good causes and 100 Best Companies To Work For.
- Familiar with the strategic plan.
What You Need To Succeed In This Role
- Relevant qualification(s) at HNC, HND, Bachelors or Masters.
- Proven Principal Electrical Engineer or Associate, with a strong track record in the UK on a range of mainstream building services projects.
- Experienced team manager, including recruitment, wellbeing, performance management and development (Associate only).
- Ability to win work and undertake business operations including marketing, commercial and financial responsibilities (Associate only).
- An articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of BIM processes, Revit and IES/Amtech.
- Ambitious and dynamic, you enjoy change and variety.
- Positive outlook and self-motivated.
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer, an Incorporated Engineer, or working towards full membership with a relevant institution.
Desirable (non-essential) Experience
- Leading/working on or delivering projects with a sustainability focus i.e. Zero carbon, LETI, Passivhaus, etc.
- Medium to large scale Masterplanning projects including energy and infrastructure options and concepts as well as coordination and delivery.
- Critical systems i.e. data centres. Working knowledge of the building services systems and the ability to lead a project team for the facility.